Thursday 23 June 2011

Unnecessary pressure already!!

Oh boy I cant believe Im having to contemplate choices of obstetricians even before my first scan...I did not realise those in hot demand book out on day of expected missed period....I mean the pregnancy news is still settling in and its obvious I cant tell the world yet but Im needing to organise appointments with obstetrics even before i see my FS. This is absolutely crazy but if you want the best this is what you have to do..I will make timing of my appointments with obs after seeing my FS though to ensure smooth transition

My dilemmas are

1. Travel time - I live 25 minutes from closest private hospital and second closest private hospital is 45 minutes away....problem during last month of pregnancy and labour further to go will it make a huge difference?
2. Private Hospital closest to me I associate to me with bad memories from prior miscarriage and first lap with first obstetrician and I dont know if I can emotionally go there...but hey this one is a new positive experience and new obstetrician everything will be ok? so new obstetrician and same private hospital it will be ok
3. Personalities of each obstetrician and capabilities and flexibility and costs with antenatal and birthing..one rotates with 3 other obstetricians so you see her for antenatal care but 1/4 obstetricians will deliver baby...one is directly opposite private hospital so he ducks in and out all the time and looks like he will be here not on holidays at due date and 3rd is further away but with new private hospital closer to my FS...
4. Decision on which obstetrician....when do you have to decide as I am seeing two obs same week in July then another one 2 weeks later

Well I dont have to make decision now..just make the appointments which I have chosen no more then 3 then we will have to choose one...whoever thought this would be so bloody difficult!!! its great you have choices but sometimes choices are worse when you have to make the decision the best one!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry should have warned you. Hence why it's good to get on the books of a gyno/ob prior to conception with a sneaky pap smear, so you get to meet them early on. And you have to make sure they are delivering the month you are due. My first Ob I called was on hold the month I was due, so had to gran the next.

    Best of luck!!! We passed a private and a public hospital in peak hour to drive half an hour to our hospital of choice. We chose our hospital first before an Ob, based on the rep and the tv's and spa in the labour ward! Priorities!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tee yes I wish I was on books of good gyno/ob prior..was on books of a gyno.ob but decided now I dont want him to be my FS for this pregnancy but one of the ones i want to use they fill in for each other when on holidays but I dont want the fill in....My FS has recommended a couple which one I have already booked in...Yeah I should check out the hospitals for maternity but I have stayed at both for womens health issues and enjoyed both so dont think major difference on that front...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I totally agree with the emotional factor of going back to a hospital you had a bad experience. I'm going to a different hospital to be the most comfortable as possible. I hope you find a great Dr and everything works out!

    ReplyDelete