Tuesday 9 August 2011

Pregnancy post - 12 weeks tomorrow

Just an update to say we met our obstetrician tonight and he is very funny but thorough at same time.

Got to see baby again and watching Baby G kicking around was so cool.

Anyways I am now confused as to whether to do the NT thursday as my OB reckons if you are not going to do the amnio test if its high risk there is no point and if you are not going to terminate then why worry yourself throughout whole pregnancy as sometimes NT results show high risk and baby can be normal....as the NT are not conclusive on their own with blood test...

I was excited to go see the baby again but now am having second thoughts...

UPDATE

Thanks for all my supporters...well after I sorted out my head and stopped trying to convince myself not to do it since I had made my mind up I did want to do it until I saw my OB...and all the help from you guys...I ended up sticking to doing the scan...I already had the bloods done last week and scan today...so everything is normal well low risk which either way is nice to know so now I can saviour in the moment...Im in love with my baby I could watch it jumping around all day lol...will post a pic soon just wanted to update my supporters...Ive been a bit busy with work, this baby stuff and my nannas 90th this weekend and I get to share the news with her....cant wait....

7 comments:

  1. I'm not having any test because I wouldn't end it. Hubby at first wanted it but then surprised me and said no. I think you are better not if you won't end it. Both my ob and GP said not to if your not going to end it. But it is a personal choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill yes I slept on it and there is no point if I am not going to do the amnio and am not going to abort...I need to trust in the process...as I have done so far on this IVF journey and dont need some numbers to worry me for no reason...I want to enjoy the pregnancy and glad you have decided not to either...

    I already had bloods last week but can still cancel NT scan as its tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless faced with the results, it's probably hard to make that decision. I had the NT with my son, and glad that I did, as they don't just look at the neck measurement and nose, there is more to it than that. You don't just base the decision of an NT scan on termination. I walked out knowing my baby was healthy, therefore got no surprises at the 20wk scan. I know two women close to me had high risk results. One terminated and the other kept their baby, who essentially is a healthy normal little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tee I know Im so confused..I was so ready to do the test and even though knowing results can be innacurate majority of time they are and you are right too to have no surprises at 20 weeks...its nice to know or have information...My husband has changed his mind so I need to convince him that I will not worry whatever the decision is and I need to be convinced he will not worry ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, it's a hard one. And each to their own. I know of someone who only ever had one scan at 6 weeks, heard the heartbeat and that was enough for her till the baby was born. She is the fertile one though. I on the other hand, had them all + a few extras. Considering what I had been through with IF, having reassurance was what kept me sane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would take the scan as just another excuse to see your beautiful baby :) As I know when I finally get to that stage that it doesn't matter what the results are I would never abort, as if it is meant to be it will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 12 wks already?! Time is flying by since your bfp post!! What did you decide to do?

    ReplyDelete