Tuesday 16 August 2011

Pregnancy update - Photos of baby and my bump

Well after the controversial NT scan....I went ahead with it....I already had the blood test and was so looking forward to it even though I knew it would not change my mind the results about keeping the baby..but the scan was excellent..it was great as since we already had one two days ago we knew everything was going to be ok...so we could relax more at this scan...

and when the lady said our risk factor was low, pregnancy appears normal there was some relief as well as there was a girl in one of rooms waiting for her amnio who obviously had high risk...I could feel her pain of not knowing and risk of possibly losing the pregnancy and our scan was running late due to her amnio...I was ok with it...I have been there in the ultrasound place before surrounded by pregnant women when I knew I was having an ultrasound to confirm my baby had no heart beat (first pregnancy 2 years ago) and remember how it felt...I remember just crying with my mum at that ultrasound..looking at that screen I was meant to see something alive...and I asked the sonographer to turn off my screen...SO IT WAS EVER SO EXCITING THIS TIME I GOT TO SIT THERE AND WATCH MY BABY KICK AROUND AND HEART BEATING!!!

All close family and friends now know of our news...the most precious was sharing news with my nanna on her 90th birthday....I showed her the baby ultrasound...she couldnt see (hard vision) and I said its a baby...then we both just cried together!!!

My aunty was also standing by and she cried too...

I have not told the world we did IVF but I did say in the sms message to my friends that we have received our blessing of a miracle to become parents..Im not ready emotionally to share the pain of our IVF journey but I am not r letting people think it was easy for us either...most people get it anyways without us saying anything since we have been married for so long...but I like to add that miracle ....maybe at later point in time I can tell others

I had trouble with one of our good friends wanting to tell some people who live in our local community but since I used to run a business in it....I was centre of gossip when business sold that I was pregnant Im not ready for them to know yet...I will make them wait a week but this friend could not understand why I wanted to wait...she got annoyed that I kept changing my mind when she can tell the world...its my news I can change my mind however I like..I told her Im not ready for their gossip and one week is one week what does it matter..I just want to enjoy the news for a week with my close friends and family....

anyways so nearly in Trimester 2 so lets share my photos of joy for all of you



Also over next couple of days..I will announce my win a book competition for my followers...I won this book from one of blogs I follow..Field of Dreams and feel it helped me get my BFP and I want to spread that luck to someone else..not that I think I am fertile now that I am pregnant but feel that since I have now got my BFP someone else suffering like I did trying to get pregnant can benefit from this book








12 comments:

  1. Happy second tri! Love the u/s pic, they are so realistic! Glad to hear it all went well and that you were able to share thE news with all your family. Very. Cute baby belly - how have you been hiding that bump from everyone??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok love I have to ask the question - how did you hide that bump!!!! That is a very noticeable bump not a I had too many desserts last night bump!!! Congrats again love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys with great difficulty I have been hiding it with big jumpers and always put my hands in my pockets when I go to the shops lol...a service man came to the house today and even asked...its the first time I have been asked since pregnant that I can say Yes I am .....instead of last two years I always have to say Im having fat day , no I put on weight or its time of the month...but I can say I did lose 8 kgs prior to conceiving so I can actually say this bump is due to pregnancy even if it might be half gas..we all carry different

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures!! you are going to be one yummy mummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look just beautiful!!!!! And the baby....WOW....what a blessing!!!!!! Oh, so very very very very very happy for you!!!!!!!!!
    ~SCS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you skinny Minnie with a baby belly! That's no bump, it's a belly! I'm so glad to hear the first Tri was smooth and now for the dream Tri!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the pic are amazing. I have a 11 week and 5 day scan on friday and I can't wait. My belly is pretty much like yours. I would show you put I haven't taken a picture yet (I hate getting my picture taken) and also I have no idea how to add them. Hubby might have to help. I'll take a 12 week one on sunday and post it for you my belly buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful PG belly! I'm glad all went well with the scan and good on you for passing the book along. I hope it does become a good luck charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rest of you ladies thanks so much for your wonderful comments..Im glad to see you still happy to read my blog and support me..

    Jill we are belly buddies cause as Tee said its no bump but belly lol...and get your hubby to look at how to post your pics cause I want to see

    Yes I am lucky my first trimester went smooth no scares/bleeds so hope to smooth sailing T2 and T3. My reflux still hanging around...hope it eases off soon...but all well if thats all I have to put up with Im pretty lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! Great Bump - looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS bump and such a beautiful clear scan picture! I'm so thrilled for you! Welcome to the second trimester! May the next 2 trimesters be as smooth sailing as the first! I found T3 the easiest which went against what most people will say but I'd got rid of the MS by that stage so I enjoyed it the most. In a few more weeks you'll start to feel those flutters and then it'll feel even more real. xox

    ReplyDelete