Tuesday 6 September 2011

Fathers Day to be

(I apologise in advance for no paragraphs even though I typed in paragraphs it wont post this way!!) Fathers Day and Mothers Day when they appear every year...its just another reminder to those trying to conceive for something they so long and desire to be parents and feeling isolated and left out... I definately and clearly still know what that feels like but this Fathers Day was one that we could finally feel like we are moving along....well so what our baby is not born yet...so what if your a parent to an angel or so what if your a parent to the furry kind...I feel we should celebrate all of these type of parents on these special days.... Well this Fathers Day we could finally feel like we could take that next step in celebrating this day...I chose to buy my husband a card and make him breakfast in bed (however he chose to get out and not wanting to eat breakfast) but I did end up making him nice morning tea sandwich... It was a weird feeling to know we are nearly half way through the pregnancy (well 16 weeks tomorrow) but I still wanted to share and enjoy the day with my husband So I got my mum to take a photo of us together with baby belly as this would be a once in a life time moment we would ever get to do this I also decided that I am not plastering my pregnancy announcement on facebook...this pregnancy and my journey TTC was not something I want to publicise to the world and have told people in variety of ways and still enjoying telling others especially my clients as I see them or people not so close to me....who knows I may at 20 weeks put something on facebook but I am not ready yet...after all the pain and trauma we have gone through to get here I dont feel its appropriate to brag to the world!! However, many friends and family have been so supportive of our news and excited and I have already been receiving gifts of congratulations...many people are so excited as they know we have been trying for a loong time! So here is hoping everyone had a happy Fathers Day on Sunday

16 comments:

  1. Omg. Your belly is huge. You sure there is only one. I'm just 2 weeks behind you and I thought I had a big belly. I'll try to post a bump photo on my trimester page for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Happy Father's Day to your DH. Love the photo you posted. You're looking great with your bump! Hope you are doing well, nice to read a post from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have posted a picture on my trimester one page. It was taken 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. It is the only one I have taken. Might do one at 16 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with finally celebrating father's day!! and like I said earlier I love that bump so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed Father's Day! That belly is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx guys for your kind words...it feels surreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first fathers day with the hubs! Also I love your bump, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU

    ARE

    HUGE!!!!

    Im not believing the 16wks or only 1 in there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that it's been so long... great to read all your news and lovely that things are going so well :) I love your photo and such a lovely thing to celebrate Father's Day :)) Looking forward to hearing all your news along the way. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that is not 16 weeks! You are adorable though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ladies...I love that I am showing already though as I get some very wanted attention...embrace my belly embrace...something we women with IF so loong for !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank u for your comments. All the information we can get the better I can feel about our decision. I have one question: how long after your Lapo did your doctor make u wait before u could do IVF?

    ReplyDelete