Friday 30 September 2011

Our 19 week scan

Yes we are nearly at half way point and definately feels surreal....I love every chance we get to see our baby on the big screen lol...and we committed to our promise of not finding out the sex even though how tempting it was Baby was not co-operating and was quite content for the examination not wanting to move for the sonographer at all...we had take 1 ..then I had to relief bladder to see if we could wake baby up to move...nope take 2 failed....so we had to go away and walk for 15 minutes and have a cold drink of lemonade to get this baby to roll over so she could do further testing...welll yahh take 3 even though only slightly moved...she got what she needed... So this picture is the best 4d profile picture she could get (would not move hand away from face then kept moving hand around the face lol)...this time we got our session on DVD and only printed pictures so I had to scan them...Hubby and I from the face bone structure already sat down and worked out what facial features baby takes after lol....Hubby is so cute and was so excited when we sat down and analysed the facial features What we believe it has hubby's eyes and high cheek bones...nose we cant tell as not defined enough ...but my lips and chin...but thats with no fat on the face...so of course baby will change when born but it is still fun to analyse... We got the sonographer to write down sex on piece of paper and seal in envelope...and whilst we on way home and out at dinner...hubby kept saying I want to look and deep down I m like I dont want you to know as I dont want to know and it will change the pregnancy forever and no going back if find out...So we shredded the envelope when we got home so no temptation for hubby...I was ok I would not look at it at all but couldnt trust hubby and he said he couldnt trust himself lol..so Team Green it is!!!! So off this weekend to put my furniture on order....and go pram shopping again but this time with Mum...we have so many choices out there for options....it is fun but also overwhelming but we will get there in the end... In between...I did have a moment in the ultrasound place as this was last place I went to prior to getting diagnosed with endo and when I had to see my missed miscarriage on the big screen..I had this flashback for 2 minutes as I dont know why but I sat in the same bloody chair and place when I went there for reconfirmation of my prior miscarriage...so I had a little cry then went to myself STOP it shake it off..and moved seats...as I wanted to remember today as a new memory and an exciting time for us ahead...I looked at the hospital and said I will now have a new beautiful memory of this place...I never had any of my ultrasounds at this place for IVF...but now Iwill have memories of my pregnancy #2 with having a baby!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Cute pic! Ive got my 20 week scan in 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pic. I never found out the sex during my pregnancies as I loved the guessing. I do like the 3d scan pics - they always look very good. Enjoy the next few weeks as you prepare for the third trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the u/s pic!! :) You guys are strong for not finding out the sex of baby! I don't think we are going to be as strong, pretty sure we will be finding out. Do we get another belly update soon??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to follow along your journey with you. What a great pic! I know that I will not want to find out the sex during my pregnacy (here's hoping!) either. I want that moment where the doctor tells hubby & I at the same time, just after he/she is born.
    I have not yet received my package but I'm sure it will be here in the next couple of days! Thank you so much!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that must have been absolutley amazing to see your baby in so much detail. Good on you for going team green it will be a wonderful moment when bubs is born

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your kind words....it was very hard but I dont know if I will ever get to have baby #2 and I just want to experience something normal, something that is out of my contorl during the pregnancy and to have the surprise at the end and ...very personal choice as I understand those wanting to find out at 20 weeks....a lot of our family said they dont want to know sex if we find out...and I would find it hard not to say anything either and Im excited to buy my cot decor in this beautiful neutral browns and whites I found with very cute animals on it...of course colour will be added once born but this colour will mix with both

    A belly pic...will update tonight when hubby gets home so you can all see!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pic! It's lovely to see them in 4D, looks amazing.

    Have fun with the shopping - I'm like you, don't want to find out the sex, It will be lovely to have the surprise when he/she is born.

    look forward to the updated belly pic!

    ReplyDelete