Thursday 10 November 2011

25 weeks and nursing already?

Today I am feeling emotionally and physically drained...and I have reached 25 weeks today!! For those who dont know my poor baby furry girl who is now 4 had a major operation on Tuesday ie TPLO like a knee replacement but a piece of metal plate joining two parts of her leg together in replacement of knee muscles...poor darling obviously had torn it a while ago and now has severe arthritis but dogs have high tolerance for pain so its not until its gotten really bad that something major has been done Dont get me wrong I had my vet constantly looking at it every visit as I thought she favoured this leg but vet thought nothing of it and we tried different things prior to doing the xray then xray showed it all Anyways I have a nasal infection and sore throat which has reduced my energy levels, plus heat plus needing to let my dog out of her play pen every 2hours for a wee and trying to work from home and get everything done before christmas...Im exhausted She did not eat this morning so I will be on constant watch today as I need her to eat so she can have her medication and Labradors LOVE their food and never leave anything behind so I am concerned Send me blessings that all will be ok PS THe play pen in the picture is new yes and I am going to use it for baby when they are big enough to crawl around and get into things ..dont worry I will disinfect it all prior to baby using it but at least I get two uses out of it lol

5 comments:

  1. sending you poor little baby lots of hugs and kisses. she looks so sad there with her leg in plaster.

    hooray for 25 weeks. you are killing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Look, the lamp is walking away!" Poor little baby, I hope she gets better soon. Reminds me when my dog (now deseased) had a major operation in his sinus. He was so out of it and didn't eat much for a few days, probaly because of the sedatives. Well done on making it 25 weeks! It has gone so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor little puppy - she looks really impressed. I'm sure she is getting lots of love and attention. Hope you can get an early night tonight and catch up on some sleep! Oh, and yay for 25 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I had a mini melt down yesterday after a rough day....I was exhausted and emotional and sick not good combination and trying to take care of my dog...

    I fell asleep for an hour in arvo and get up to find my dog escaped and had her cone head off ....luckily no damage cause...

    When hubby got home we have modified and extended her play area so she can still potter around just not have access to our full 4000m of back yard..she is eating now but just no No 2 yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, her cast is so sad.. poor baby. I hate when my pups are sick, I can't even imagine how much stronger I'll feel about when my kiddos get sick!

    ReplyDelete