Monday 27 February 2012

My birth story and afterwards

Hi my fellow bloggers...I know its been a while in between posts but after being in hospital prior to having my baby and whilst recovering with baby..all up I was away from home for 12 days and have begun life settling in at home with my new addition..Scarlett

Motherhood is such an amazing feeling and I knew it would be overwhelming but how much was definatley unknown...Being a mum came natural to me and I think all those years of pondering and watching rest of my friends and family grow their families whilst I struggled with conceiving made the desire and want of motherhood more..and more time to think how I want to be as a mum..

Please have a read of my birth story in detail if you like...such a surreal experience...

Baby Scarlett is going fine and putting on weight..breast feeding came easily in beginning to us as Scarlett attached quite easily and my milk came in Day 3..now its establishing a demand feeding schedule after treating a blocked milk duct...my scarlett is quite a sleepy baby and sometimes have to wake her to feed her so I am attempting after being told to feed 4 hourly in hospital to 3 hourly at home during the day as we have had periods of unsettlement which she must be hungry and I want to ensure i keep up my milk supply as I really want breast feeding to work and this is one thing that as a mum I want to endure as long as I can so I will do what ever it takes

I have lots of support from my sisters who breast fed as well as the Australian Breast feeding Association so I know i am not alone and can call on the ABA 24 hours if necessary...

who thought there was so much to know about breast feeding.....and being a control freak and organiser as I am I hate not knowing when she will feed next and I need to go with the flow...takes a lot of your time to establish breast feeding and to demand feed but hey I am blessed to have this baby and if I want to make it work I am willing to sacrifice anything as long as I keep my sanity!

Here is a sneak peek of a photography shoot I had of my baby....


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, she truly is beautiful. Well done and wishing you a wonderful future as a new mum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been waiting for this post! Congrats on baby Scarlett, she is so lovely!! You must just be so in love. Glad to hear that all is going well for you. Congrats on mama hood and being a lil family of three now. I'd love to read your birth story, but where is the post? No link showed up. Keep us updated!!! Xoxo. Ps. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em she is beautiful. I loved reading your birth story. Similar to mine but very different as well. You sound like your a natural mother and Scarlett is one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She looks gorgeous, and love the name too! All the best, sounds like you have the breastfeeding under control! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for the delay, just heard about your news. Congratulations! She is so beautiful. Well done on the BF and welcome to motherhood. I love her name. A baby girl with the same name was born straight after my son was born.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous photos of your little darling :)) Congratulations to you both... lovely to hear that all is going well :) Breastfeeding is amazing... but I never realised how difficult is was either ! ABA is such a great resource. Love to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete