Tuesday 12 April 2011

Fertile women should understand Infertility

Why is it that the only people that really understand IF is those going through it themselves? Of course you do not wish it upon anyone else who is not but I wish others would be more open/understanding about it. Should it be something taught to other women but when? Obviously it is not something they want to hear whilst they are pregnant but Im getting tired with all the baby news around me.

Every where I look on faceboook..why does everyone choose to put their childrens as their profile picture...just to rub it in IF's face..of course not they love them but it still feels like a dig...especially when motherhood and children are talked about like its a production line..how often you hear 'I only want my children 2 years apart so they are close together' havent you heard that not everything always goes to a plan and its what the universe plans for you but then bam...they get their wish exactly..

I have a very close friend of mine who just had her second baby....and I was trying way before her having her first...I feel ripped off in one mind but then I go noo.....she had a major trauma at young age and is lucky to have her life today so please do not be insensitive but when I spoken to her about both her pregnancies..they both seemed like a typical fertile woman a painful pregnancy and cant wait to get baby out...when I get my BFP I am not going to complain one bit and if I do, I require a slap. I kept telling her enjoy it as its over before you know it...and she still dont get it....Im not ready to share my IF with her I will one day when I get my babies but not now as I am scared of their reaction and Im not ready to deal with any negative feedback and dont want any gossip behind my back either (note I have spoken about I do like children so it is obvious that I want them)...I dont want here talking to another friend saying 'I know someone going through IVF like I am a statistic' ..Its hurtful to say but I like having control over who knows and the ones who know I feel I can trust..This friend also complained it took her 4 months to conceive the first then 9 months on second...IF only my goodness if only they are pretty good odds...so all I can say my poor dear friend cannot see/count her blessings even after suffering a traumatic event in her life...I still love her and slowly and surely one day she may realise if not in this life her next...on a positive she did say she always loves talking to me as I lift her spirit...

Im not in a good frame of mind today...I need to pick myself up...Im feeling like the victim and I dont want to be the victim..I want to be the one who can safely announce Im pregnant before any one else beats me to it...even though it should not be a race...sometimes it feels like it when it happens so easily for others...my sister in law is already talking about her third and we got married the same year....

Im going to go focus on the good and go count my blessings and be greatful for this IF journey as if anything comes out of it...us women on IF journey sure do have a very different appreciation of motherhood when we get it and are just that much wiser...

Love and light and happiness

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I can totally relate to your post! I know what you mean about maintaining an element of control by choosing who you tell. I just told a work friend about my IF journey so far and was surprised at how understanding she was- in saying that, she's not near ready to try for a baby yet so I felt no pressure!!
    We will get there in the end and I know it'll be all worth it. I'm sick of this "journey" now though and I'm ready for the end result...ie a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I understand the 'victim' label. I hate being looked at through pity eyes. But I am not backward about my journey. I think because I need people to understand and shut the F up, when they make stupid comments about how big the age gap will be.

    Lots of positive vibes and baby dust to you... We are not victims, we are fighters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to this post totally!
    I have only told a couple of close friends about my IF. I have not been too open with people as I am worried about lack of understanding and how people will react.
    I feel like the victim as well and hate that I feel like I am being left behind.
    I have good days and try to be strong, but am struggling as well at the mo.
    We are not alone in the IF world, but sadly only us IFers truly understand
    x

    ReplyDelete