Monday 4 April 2011

Count my blessings

My goodness...what a week it has been...after seeing my FS on Wednesday, I picked myself up and went back into positive frame of mind...wow I felt good when I left that place after getting my second and second last monthly injection of zolodex...I counted to 20 as he stabbed me as its like your belly button getting pierced the feeling...so at least if I can handle the monthly injections, the daily FSH should be easy!
At FS Office babies were surrounding us...just another positive sign and FS said every second day he gets his clients visiting with babies he has helped them conceive..oooh I cannot wait til I can be one of those people!!!

I had a challenging weekend of having a family function yesterday with one evil sister in law (SIL) with two DS..and another beautiful SIL heavily pregnant and due in May...I did not get upset and just blocked out the conversation when I did not want to hear some of the pregnancy stories but also joined in or started conversation when I was in control ...I am so happy for my SIL who is due in May as she had a MC just like me ..Her MC was way after my MC but I know my time for BFP is close by so its ok...Im crocheting her a baby blanket as well which will be lovely...I felt like telling my DHs family about our IVF but one SIL is so insensitive and the timing is not right..I dont want negative thoughts from people so I will leave it until we get our BFP and past 12 weeks if I feel ready ..I just want them to understand our journey has not been easy and we have not only suffered a MC but infertility as well...a MC is bad on its own I know but both my SIL fell pregnant within 3 months of their MC...its been nearly 2 years for me..only DH parents know for now as I feel that they have been so supportive of us and know we want children and its only fair to tell them

I also had a function with insensitive friends who we had to reschedule our holiday with due to IVF starting....they still do not get it...but all well they dont have to but I just need to keep my distance...hot flushes on and off all weekend...hormonal rages but all is ok haha its all worth it in the end

then today a trip to the city on an 1hour train trip and half an hour drive to station = 3 hours of travel all up. IM exhausted..who could do this everday..but I started to count my blessings..not me I can choose to go to the city but would ever hate working in there and travelling all the way from home..that I can choose to work from home so when baby comes Im always at home with them...and not travelling from home to city and city to home as I would be gone for 12 hours for a normal 8 hour day ..there is no way I could do it...



All I can say is from the blow out with DH last week our relationship has just become more stronger...this IF will not beat us...we will beat it...

4 comments:

  1. I like the positive outlook of this entry, keep it up, you are getting SO close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much..I know its hard to always stay in that place but Id much prefer to be in positive frame of mind 99% of time and when 1% bad comes I like to get out of it as quick as possible as its so destructive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here from Chons blog. Saw you live in my city. I travel 50mins 4 times a week to and from my city office, and would LOVE a local job, but the cash doesn't match up. You are so positive and I love your attitude! Best of luck and BabyDust!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Red Power Ranger for your wonderful comments...yes I agree cash is a problem well for short term for me and alot of us and I hope its short term and by destressing will allow my IVF #1 attempt to work successfully otherwise in search of part time work maybe necessary but am enjoying working from home for now..that city mad rush last week just got my adrenalin running but it is like 1.5 hours each way travel to city from home as im half an hour from train station

    ReplyDelete