Friday 15 July 2011

8 weeks and 5 days to scan!

Well cant say time has flown since I got my BFP but I am so greatful my first scan is finally near...its been driving me crazy but at same time I have been trying to enjoy the experience apart from nausea...

Loving the fact my boobs have already increased one cup size so had to already buy some maternity bras as old ones were not comfortable... underwire does not suit pregnancy boobs and it hurts...am losing a lot of hair and its growing fast yahhh so now I can grow out my fringe...

However we have a dilemma next week after our scan who do we tell? My dear husband's brother is visiting from Germany and we would love to tell him before he heads home ...I know its before 12 week mark but I thought we could choose to tell immediate family only but how do you keep them from spreading the word until I reach 12 weeks...I feel like I want to tell them as last pregnancy which resulted in miscarriage we knew before 12 weeks but no scan and they left for Germany for definately 2 years ago and we said nothing...I want this pregnancy to be nothing of the same of the other one and want to do things differently...

The only people I have problem trusting is my husbands siblings partners...especially one whose family live close in location to me and I do not want my local community to know yet Im not ready to share it with the world....what do I say? Do I enforce they must keep it a secret ? unless we just tell the brother leaving and make the others wait lol...

I suppose if we put it a way where its not Trimester 2 yet but wanted to share it now because this brother T is here from Germany and that is only reason why and we respect you maintain our privacy until I say its ok after our nuchal scan....thats all you can do? and then its how we say it and what do we say? Not sure if Im ready to tell the world its IVF baby or immediate family maybe leave that out for now but tell them we have struggled and long battle for us to get here but we have....I dont know whether i want to use this as opportunity to get on my soap box and tell my inner thoughts to the other siblings that no my infertility is not from age, its medical and yes we all have a story/trauma but my husband and I are so proud we have gotten through this struggle for us...as I know what the others are thinking and I would like to clarify without detail

What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what to tell you. I have been very open about my infertility, IVF and now pregnancy with all of DH's family and mine. Therefore there was no need to keep it a secret. However we haven't told friends or work ppl yet.I'll wait till 12 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your first scan is just days away! I would tell your immediate family and your husband's brother but maybe wait til the nuchal scan to let everyone else know if that makes you feel more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete