Monday 11 July 2011

Decisions Decisions

I hope I did not offend anyone with my last post as it appears no one commented so whether they were too busy or not. Im sorry if I had but like I have said before I will never forget where I came from and like other women who suffered infertility and got their BFP I continued to follow their stories as gave me inspiration so I hope I can continue to inspire others that you too will get your dream....

Its still early days for me and Trimester 1 goes very slow especially when there is still alot of risk so Im trying to enjoy as much as I can apart from the nausea.

We toured two private hospitals we are considering because there is no way I would go public after everything I have been through to get here Im prepared to sacrifice any $$ for safety of me, antenatal care of baby and delivery. Ive worked hard financially to get where husband and I are today and I want to enjoy the benefits especially when it comes to your health.

I think we have swayed towards the closer hospital as the closest is still 25 min away with the other one at least 45 min away. Dont think I can risk the time difference even though the further away private hospital is newer and bigger I have stayed at both hospitals and nurse care is excellent as you get what you pay for. Also I dont want to travel in last month weekly 45 min away when heavily pregnant so I think the decision is made.

It did feel weird getting a tour when we have not even had our first ultra sound but it helped me to decide which obstetrician to choose. It was especially weird when I was surrounded by more pregnant ladies then myself but I dont care I want the choice and be informed and I can so I will.

My husband was so cute asking all these questions but I knew these questions will be answered at our antenatal classes...at least he asks and is interested god bless him but he made us look stupid when the other people go you should go to parenting classes they will help like derrr of course we are as if I dont know about them even though second time pregnancy first baby. I am fully aware of whats out there....

anyways enough for now and I will try to make the next 8 days go quickly past before my first scan

6 comments:

  1. sometimes you write something and no one says anything and you think what have I done but sometimes we just think it in our heads and don't say anything. Hon you have done the hard yards and you scored with one emby and you are too loving and sweet to offend!! Looking forward to seeing how many are in there, I don't know I am leaning towards identical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the lack of commenting. I've been going through a death of a friend and have only had the strength to read as of now. Good luck with your upcoming scan. I'm getting all excited for you and really need a good news story! Make sure though that the private hospital does offer post care for newborns esp if the bub is a premmie. I went to a private hospital but if something went wrong with me or the baby we would have had to go across the road to the public one as they have the updated rescue technology etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, now I will have to go read your last post. Sorry! Been a bit nuts the last week or so. Glad u are happy with your decision. No matter what happens, you and bub will be cared for well. I swore if I was going to go through labour, I was going to do it in the most comfy place possible. So I went to a great Private Hosp as well. I wanted a spa and a tv on the wall, and Duke got his recliner, so we were all happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to hoping the next eight days will go by quickly! :) Hope you're feeling okay! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies I know I start to worry as sometimes I get lost in the forrest and want to ensure I do not dribble on about my pregnancy symptoms and choices so please let me know if I do offend but glad I have not
    Thanks Chon you put my mind at ease
    Sorry athena I totally understand you are going through a very hard time (hugs)
    Thanks Tee for your support too and hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe- your husband sounds so cute, asking lots of questions!

    Good luck with the scan, look forward to hearing all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete